Legal Expense Insurance helps business owners protect their businesses from litigation by paying for a legal defence (and even free legal advice) when they need it.
As a business owner your focus is on running and growing your business. It’s nearly impossible to manage everything and keep up to date on changes in legislation, let alone understanding how each one affects your business. And that’s just the beginning.
There are employee disputes, health and safety concerns, licensing issues and that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
Legal Expense Insurance will protect your business from the cost of potential legal disputes.
You get coverage up to $100,000 per claim – $500,000 per year.
Even better, policyholders have access to the invaluable Legal Advice Helpline – 24/7 access to qualified advice on any legal matter.
Your Legal Expense Insurance Policy Covers:
- Wrongful termination lawsuits
- Breach of Employment Contract
- Individual complaint from a union on behalf of an employee or ex-employee from a collective bargaining agreement
- Alleged sexual harassment, discrimination or invasion of privacy from an employee, ex-employee
- When being investigated in an alleged criminal offence by the police or any arm of the occupational health and safety authority
- When being prosecuted for an alleged criminal offence
- Failure or alleged failure to comply with the protection of privacy legislation
- Alleged failure to comply with CASL (Canadian Anti-Spam Law)
Contract disputes and debt recovery (optional coverage)
- Selling or buying of goods
- Providing or obtaining of services
- Defend your rights to collect on debt owed for selling goods or services
Statutory license protection
- Suspension of a statutory business license
- Refusal to renew statutory business license
- Cancelation of statutory business license
- Unsolicited alteration of terms of a statutory business license
- An event causes physical damage to such property
- Actions resulting in interference or enjoyment of the use of your property
- Bodily injury
Legal peace of mind for one annual fee
Get your free, no-obligation quote in 5 minutes or less.Get a Quote