We hear stories all the time about businesses being sued, not able to pay the legal fees, and paying the ultimate price.
Unfortunately it’s becoming more and more common for business owners in Canada to be caught facing legal action from customers, employees, and suppliers.
Without the right legal defence strategy your small business is vulnerable. Unexpected legal fees can cripple your business. Your future is uncertain.
There is another option.
I’ll tell you exactly how you can predict your business’s future by eliminating the uncertainty surrounding legal fees and whether you can afford to pay them.
First, I bet you’re wondering, is there really a risk? Is it all just type hyperbole designed to sell you on something that you don’t need? I’ll let you decide for yourself.
The fact is that 3 in 10 businesses will face some kind of legal issue and the next three years. In Canada, the average lawyer’s fees are $400 per hour. A simple 2-day civil court case can run you $44,000.
That’s big money for your small business.
If your legal strategy up to now has been “cross your fingers and hope for the best”, that’s not going to cut it.
If you don’t have the funds to pay for a lawyer up front you “used” to have just three options:
- You could walk away and leave your business with a sullied reputation and forget about your rights to justice
- You could try to go it alone. You can try to represent yourself without a real understanding of the legal system , even though that might be putting your business at risk.
- You can bite the bullet and hire a lawyer and absorb the cost legal fees. That works in the short term but it will eventually filter down to your bottom line.
If you have to choose one of those “strategies” the future of your business is uncertain.
Without a strategy to deal with an expected legal expenses your business future is uncertain.
But I promised you a better way to predict your business’s future, so here it is.
There’s one simple solution for business owners who want the best of both worlds.
You don’t need a lawyer on retainer.
You don’t need to pay inflated retaining fees.
You don’t need a lawyer in your family.
And you don’t need to go it alone.
With this as your business’s new legal strategy you get unlimited legal advice , and a legal team on standby ready to go to bat for you:
PFP’s Legal Expense Insurance
Once you have legal expenses insurance you can predict with certainty:
- Your business won’t fall victim to crippling legal fees because we cover everything from the first phone call to any legal fees, court fees and disbursements
- You won’t have to worry about unexpected legal issues because you have access to unlimited legal advice
- You won’t have to wonder if you’re following the newest legislation because you can just call and ask, without paying anything
- You won’t have to have stockpile money in the bank for unforeseen legal issues because unexpected legal fees are covered
- Your business will get the justice it deserves because you don’t have to represent yourself, or get a budget lawyer. You’ll get the best lawyer and pay nothing out of pocket.
With one low annual premium you’re covered from contract disputes with your customers, with your suppliers; employee disputes; damage to your property; statutory licensing. When you’re faced with a legal issue, you just give us a call and we get you started with some free legal advice.
With legal expense insurance you get unlimited free legal advice with just a phone call
If you have a legal case we set you up with a lawyer ready to go to bat for you and your business. Your business gets a full legal defence and you never get a bill.
All you have to do to start predicting your future and protecting your business is get a quote.