Introduction to BTE Insurance
In an increasingly litigious society, legal advice and assistance are critical components of any insurance program.
Many people are deterred from taking legal action due to costs, the stress involved in the process, not knowing where to get help, financial risk, and uncertainty of the outcome.
Legal expense insurance covers all reasonable legal costs involved in pursuing or defending a claim.
With our Legal coverage, legal costs are paid up to $100,000.
- Disbursements and out-of-pocket costs (court fees, expert witness fees, medical reports, etc.)
- Adverse costs when awarded against the insured paid
- Access to a panel of specialized lawyers
- Access to unlimited telephone legal expertise
DID YOU KNOW?
In 2010, there were over 3.5 million inquiries or complaints from consumers. Want to guess what this number is today?
Once you know who you are dealing with, you have several options:
- Pursue the individual(s)
- Complain to the Better Business Bureau
- Threaten Legal Action
- Pursue Mediation
- Pursue Arbitration Dispute Resolution
- Pursue the Matter in Court
Canadian Courts deal with over 800,000 new civil actions each year.
Only 5 out of every 100 lawsuits proceed to trial or appeal, and only 2 out of every 10,000 lawsuits proceed to the Supreme Court of Canada.
Of the actions that go to trial:
- 71% reach judgment in 5 years or less
- 99% reach judgment in 10 years or less
- 1% exceed 10 years
PFP Inc Partners with Restaurants Canada Members get a breakthrough line of tax and legal protection…and save an average of 55% off the list price.
We hear stories all the time about businesses being sued, not able to pay the legal fees, and paying the ultimate price. Unfortunately it’s becoming more
The world of commercial insurance can be confusing to even the most seasoned business owner. The last thing you want to do is to take