PFP Personal coverage offers you personal legal protection as you’ve never seen before.
You get coverage for life’s surprises that aren’t covered by your usual home or auto policies.
From wrongful dismissal to disputes with contractors or service providers, Canadians can quickly find themselves in the middle of a legal battle that – frankly – they can’t really afford.
The average lawyer charges $394 per hour. With that in mind, could you afford to stand up for your rights?
PFP Personal – Protect Your Household
In short, your PFP Personal policy would:
- Protect you from costly legal expenses
- Allow you to defend or pursue your legal rights
- Give you unlimited access to legal advice at any time.
The policy has you covered by paying your legal fees (up to $100,000 per year) – so you can get a complete legal team on your side when you need it.
Even better, policyholders have access to the invaluable Legal Advice Helpline – access to qualified advice on any legal matter.
On top of all that, it protects you, your spouse or partner, AND any children that live with you.
Your PFP Personal Policy Covers:
We will pay an insured person’s legal costs to pursue or defend their legal rights in a dispute relating to their contract of employment or future employment.
We will pay an insured person’s legal costs to pursue or defend their legal rights in a dispute relating to an agreement or an alleged agreement that the insured person has entered into for
- (i) buying or selling goods (including the purchase, sale, rental, lease, service, repair, testing, or cleaning of an insured automobile or its spare parts or accessories); and
- (ii) obtaining services.
We will pay an insured person’s legal costs arising from a dispute with a leasing company regarding the amounts due under a lease in respect of the insured automobile in the event that it is declared a total loss by the insured person’s own automobile insurer following a collision. Provided that the amount in dispute exceeds $350.
Total loss valuation disputes
We will pay an insured person’s legal costs arising from a dispute with the insured person’s own automobile insurer regarding the value of an insured automobile in the event that the insured automobile is declared a total loss by the insured person’s own automobile insurer.
Driver’s licence protection
We will pay an insured person’s legal costs to defend their legal rights in relation to protecting their driver’s licence from being revoked or suspended following an event arising in connection with the ownership, use, or operation of an insured automobile.
We will pay an insured person’s legal costs to defend their legal rights in relation to:
- being prosecuted for highway traffic or motor vehicle offence in connection with the ownership, use, or operation of an insured automobile; and
- being prosecuted for an alleged criminal offence arising from their work as an employee.
Driving other vehicles
The coverages provided under 4. Driver’s licence protection and 5. Legal defence (section 1 only) is extended to apply while you, or your spouse or civil partner or any son or daughter, normally living with you, is driving or is a passenger in any other motorized vehicle which is not owned or leased by that person.
We will pay an insured person’s legal costs to pursue their legal rights following a specific or sudden accident that causes their death, illness, or bodily injury.
We will pay an insured person’s legal costs to pursue their legal rights in a civil action relating to physical property which they own or are legally responsible for following
- an event that causes physical damage to such property provided that the amount in dispute exceeds $250
- a legal nuisance (meaning any unlawful interference with the insured person’s use or enjoyment of their land, or some right over, or in connection with it)
- a trespass.
We will pay an insured person’s costs in respect of a tax review, tax appeal, or a tax audit relating to their personal tax affairs. Provided that the insured person has taken reasonable care to ensure that all returns are complete and correct and submitted within the statutory time limits allowed.
Unlimited Legal Advice
We will provide you and any other insured person access to a legal advice helpline through which you or they can receive confidential general legal advice and information over the phone relating to any personal legal or tax problem to help determine legal rights and options under the provincial laws of the applicable province and the federal laws of Canada.
Legal Coverage Up To $100,000 Per Year
Limits Per Claim
- Employment Disputes:$50,000
- Contract Disputes: $50,000
- Total Loss Valuation Dispute: $50,000
- Drivers Licence Protection: $50,000
- Legal Defence: $50,000
- Driving Other Vehicles: $50,000
- Bodily Injury: $50,000
- Property Protection: $50,000 ($500 deductible on legal nuisance and trespass)
- Tax Protection:
- Tax Reviews: $10,000 ($500 deductible)
- Tax Appeals or Tax Desk Audits: $25,000 ($500 deductible)
- Tax Field Audits: $50,000 ($2,000 deductible)
- Telephone Legal Advice: Unlimited
Whole Family Legal and Tax Protection, Like You’ve Never Seen Before
Coming Soon – If you want to be contacted when this is available please use the below form.